Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Beautiful Blooms tag 🌼

Well hello again, fellow creatives! I’ve had these fun crackly flowers sitting around for AGES and finally decided to add them to this yummy textured tag and little frame. I’m so pleased with the combo of different surfaces/ mediums. Crackle is super hard to beat in my crafty book but that lace background… Mmm *chef’s kiss*! 😍 A few more snaps of the assembly below 👇🏻




The Background Tag…

Cut Intricate Lace from mixed media heavystock paper and glued on a small thickboard tag with collage medium.




Gave it a base coat of gesso before applying more Distress.



I used a 1/2” hole punch to cover the tag hole from the under side.


Next I added some random splotches of grit paste, then painted with a couple coats of Ground Espresso before rubbing on Vintage Photo and Brushed Corduroy with my finger.



The Flowers and Leaves…

Used heavystock paper to cut Modern Floristry dies. Leaves are painted with a blend of Rustic Wilderness and Forest Moss. Flowers are Picket Fence, Scattered Straw, and Wild Honey. Generous topcoat of clear crackle.

Once the crackle was fully dry, I brushed on Walnut Stain crayon, then wiped off the excess with a paper towel.


BLOOMS Letters…

Cut three sets of BLOOMS from the Stretch Lower set using heavystock paper, glued two layers together for extra thickness and coated with clear crackle, then rubbed on Walnut Stain crayon. Painted my other set of letters with Walnut stain and glued slightly offset from the crackly letters.

The “beautiful” word is from the Tiny Text remnant rubs pack.


Finishing Touches…

Painted a large Vignette Frame with Walnut Stain, glued a piece of clear acetate to the under side, added Caramel-inked hardware heads to the corners, then randomly splotched on clear crackle paste to the edges. Also added Hitch Fasteners under each corner to elevate my frame on the tag so I could tuck in my floral bits.


Inked a drawer pull with Caramel alcohol ink + “glittering in the sun” phrase from the clippings sticker book. Also added a couple inked clips to the tag edges. 



Okay, that’s a wrap on my crackly blooms project! Nice to see it finally assembled 🤭 Also really glad spring is (almost) upon us, happy crafting! ❤️

x Erin



Tim Holtz Products…

Sizzix Dies… Modern Floristry, Alphanumeric Stretch Lower, Intricate Lace

Surfaces… Mixed Media Heavystock, small thickboard tag, clear heat-resistant acetate

Distress Mediums… Collage Matte, transparent crackle paint, grit paste, gesso

Distress Paint… Ground Espresso, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy, Picket Fence, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Rustic Wilderness, Forest Moss

Distress Crayon… Walnut Stain

Alcohol Ink… Caramel

Ideaology… Clippings sticker book, hardware heads, hitch fasteners, hardware drawer pulls, clips, 

Tools… Blending Brush, glass mat, Sizzix Big Shot, 1/2” hole punch

1 comment:

  1. I came here to see which 3D embossing folder you used for the background and was pleasantly surprised to see it was a cover plate dié that I think I have. Thank you for sharing, it is a beautiful tag with lots to inspect, I love it.

    ReplyDelete